Thursday, January 10, 2008

New magazine work




Well , I really do not sew and as far as fashion goes...... I wear either black , grey or brown. I love to see color and funk in clothes, I just do not wear them. Oddly enough I have submitted some altered clothing items to the Stampington and company magazines " Altered Couture" and was asked to submit more for their "Bell Armoire" magazine. I am so honored and happy. This dress will be in the Feb. issue and I am not sure yet when the other magazine will be out. I find my magazines at Borders or Barnes and Nobles. Some craft /art stores carry them too. I always get so inspired looking at all the great work and wonderful artists. I made some funky shoes with plant roots and a jacket and skirt ensemble for a funky bird lover. Thanks to all at Stampington and Company.



I can not forget to show some of my kiddies art. I love to display them all over my little house. Some of my bedroom walls are this dark blue ( they look more navy in real life than the picture because of the flash ), and the art looks just stunning against the color. I think even when they have grown I will still have these masterpieces hanging. They get a kick out of seeing their work also!

Take Care and talk to you soon!

Courtney

2 comments:

sUz said...

hi cOurtNey,
Your dress is fabulous! Yoy are so amazingly talented! Congrats on your magazine features. I'll look for them my next trip in to a Barnes & Noble.

Please take pictures of the dress, skirt, and especially the shoes - I would SO love to see them!

Your kids' work is so much fun! I love that you have them in your bedroom - great color by the way.

iN jOy,
sUz

carissa... brown eyed fox said...

congratulations Courtney... you deserve it! That's awesome! I'll be on the lookout for the issues.

I LOVE showcasing the kids artwork too! I think it is fun!