Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Ever feel like your in a circus??


I think that must be what inspired these new pieces. They are on canvas board and I think I am going to go out and get some twine or rope to make a hanger. The pictures do not show the background very well.... it is French text covered in white wash with off white and white texture added ( I used my very expensive art tool..... bubble wrap!). I needed to work on something a bit out of my comfort zone to re-energize. I am surprised at how much I like these.

Yesterday was a very exciting day..... two gals from a gallery in Scotland ( yes , Scotland) stopped by . They had purchased some of my work to hang in their gallery. They were so nice and made me feel so at ease. I was a bit worried..... I do not exactly lead the " artist" life. To me that is not important , however that little voice that has attendancy to bring you down was slowly getting louder . Why do we do that to ourselves??? Anyway the voice stopped and it was a good day.

I am off to have a much needed catch up with friends. Enjoy your day!

Talk to you soon,

Courtney

No comments: