Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Has it really been a week??

I thought for sure I had posted before now...... I am losing my mind. I have been so busy trying to get some new things for etsy, my show, the stores that have been so patiently waiting for new work. At times I see no progress...... and then slowly but surely I posted 2 new things on etsy, I will drop off 2 new pieces at "The Muse" and my show is on track !!!!! Perseverance my friends.
Now since last week , I have had an awful sinus infection ( down for 2 days with a fever, and my house has still not recovered!). I have 4 loads of laundry that still need to be folded and my littlest is home for 2 days with strep ( and you know this means obsessive cleaning of all shared items with brother). All in all....... I feel I am closer to the light at the end of the tunnel.

My son had his first wolf scout meeting last night, and I am one of the only mom's in attendance. The Dads come and have good intentions of participating with their son, however they can not help but collect in the back of the room talking shop or whatever men do when they try to out do other men in a group. Meanwhile, their children who have good intentions of being good little boys do what boys do in a group when eyes are not watching........ you guessed it Mayhem!!! Needless to say I had to have a real heart to heart with my son on the way home. I went to bed not liking myself too much ( I hate always being the mean mom or the bad guy). So , I put 2 desserts in my sons lunch with a note that said " 2 desserts just for being you! ". He hugged me extra long when he got home. I think I will sleep easy tonight!

Talk to you soon,

Courtney

5 comments:

Holly said...

You're such a good mom. Sometimes we do have to be "the bad guy." Hope you're feeling better soon.

I'll keep you in my thoughts.

xoxoxo

Tracy Nuskey Dodson said...

Awwww, hugs are good! I know what you mean about being the bad guy. I have been known to get up in the middle of the night just to give my boys extra "guilt" kisses.
Oh well, we are making good men right?
Tracy

Vogelschar said...

Nice birds:)

Vogelschar said...

Nice birds!

carissa... brown eyed fox said...

how sweet... you are such a great mom! your note to him... how sweet... you know he smiled BIG!
it is just yuck being down & out! may everyone in your home recover quickly!